Are you aware of how to clean and care for your braces? Even though you have braces,
you need to continue to follow your oral health regimen for your teeth and gums, as well as for your braces. Taking care of your braces is important because they will need to function properly for the length of your treatment. Here are some things to keep in mind about caring for your braces:
– Make sure that you keep your appointments with your orthodontist and your dentist, and follow their instructions.
– Due to the design of most braces,your doctor may give you food restrictions; some foods can damage your braces, or get lodged in your teeth.
– Always brush your teeth slowly and carefully to avoid damaging any parts of the braces.
– If you have problems using dental floss with your braces, you might try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser or an air flosser.
– If your braces should break, never try to fix them yourself, as doing so can can cause severe damage.
– Keep your retainer clean and rinse out any removable parts as directed by your dentist.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sellke & Reily and the rest of our team at Orthodontic Specialists of Lake County, simply call our office in Grayslake, Antioch, or Gurnee Illinois, at 847-223-2876. You can get started on a better smile today!